As you may know, Dell computers can only be purchased via the web or phone. Combined with their made-to-order computers, Dell has made a lot of money with this cost-saving process of remote sales. In addition to creating reliable products, a company like this must have competent customer service and sales representatives.
Sadly, that’s not the case with Dell. Here is what happened to me…
1) 3 weeks ago I ordered a new computer from Dell because they offered the best pricing and I thought their XPS model looked pretty decent. I began the order process online but then “clicked-to-call” in order to ask a few questions to a sales rep.
2) After a 45 minute conversation where they tried to upsell me on low-jack, a credit card, and 50 other useless money-makers, I completed my order. I was supposed to receive the computer in 7 business days.
3) I never received a confirmation email and after 2 weeks, I noticed that my credit card had been charged for the computer. I called the customer service line but received an automated loop-around system where I learned NOTHING.
4) I called the sales line again in order to speak with a human. They informed me that my email address, billing address, and shipping address were all incorrect in their system. They assured me it would be changed. They apologized.
5) The next day I called again and guess what, my address was still not updated.
6) I finally received a call from a Customer Care representative who might have been the dumbest, useless individual I’ve ever come across in my life. She didn’t have my correct addresses but she gave me a tracking code for DHL because apparently the computer was shipped. I gave her my correct info.
7) I get a call the next day from the same customer care rep to confirm my address. STILL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!
8) Last night DHL called me – they don’t have my shipping address. I gave them the correct info – the address they had was simply my name, phone number and the wrong zip code – no street address at all.
I still haven’t received my computer from Dell and guess what? I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM DELL AGAIN!
In this competitive world, companies cannot afford such incompetence.
[tags] dell, hell, dell hell, dell computers, terrible customer service [/tags]Tags: dell, dell computers, dell hell, hell, terrible customer service