We’ve been following Google and it’s foray into video. Here is the latest update – a job listing:
Head of National TV Sales – New York
This position is based in New York, NY.
In this role, you will be building a world-class national TV advertising sales team and lead the effort to both sell television solutions and shape a next generation advertising platform. You should have extensive senior level relationships with advertisers, both with agencys and clients directly, as well as proven experience leading a large sales team. You will define the national sales strategic plan, drive engagement efforts and consistently develop new opportunities. You will assume overall accountability for establishing and implementing an effective national sales force and meeting national sales goals. Candidate should have a deep understanding of digital media and Google’s advertising solutions specifically.
* Provide leadership to the sales team to effectively sell to F1000 brand managers and Agency Planning and Account teams.
* Identify key strategic initiatives for growing TV ad sales.
* Advocate for sales and customer needs as part of the product development cycle. Build and maintain strong knowledge of Google Television products, solutions, and technology.
* Research, position and brand Google Television products to senior leaders within the advertising industry.
* Cultivate new relationships at all senior levels of clients and agencies to gain depth of engagement with target accounts in support & partnership of selling team.
* Manage and grow a national sales team.
* Establish and amplify expectations, standards and values of Google.
* Represent Google Television at local/regional marketing and advertising conferences as well as seminars.
* Track all regional revenue and performance.
* Help design and develop effective sales collateral to targeted audiences, leveraging Product Marketing, Field Marketing and Market Research teams.
* BS/BA degree required, preferably from top-tier school.
* Exceptional academic record required, MBA preferred.
* Minimum 12+ years TV advertising and interactive experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals.
* Ability to work in a dynamic problem-solving environment and synthesize strategy, plans, and solutions.
* In-depth knowledge of traditional and digital media and its competitive landscape.
* Proven record of strategic development of Fortune 1000 client base.
* Ability to provide the highest level of customer service.
* Travel up to 50%.
* Excellent presentation/communication skills.
* High energy and passion for solving the needs of advertising partners.